On my last trip, I realised that the best trips are those taken on the road. We started our road trip journey from Bangalore to first stop in Mysore, second one in Bandipur and then moving on to Coorg as our last destination. In between, we had an option to take a stopover in Kabini, before Coorg, due to shortage of time, we headed our way directly to Coorg. Another destination you can explore if not Coorg is Ooty after Bandipur. Again, the road leading to Ooty from Mysore is via Western Ghat, one of the best road to take in India. Cities covered:
As much as road trip sounds interesting, it is also dangerous. There are basic things to take care of before you think about heading off to the ghats and risky roads.
1. Be a careful Driver – Driving is fun, however, in a split second it can also become dangerous. There is no need to speed up or overtake just to be 2 second early. As road sign in Ladakh says, “it is better to me Mr. Late than be Late Mr.”.
2. Remember your Route – Nowadays, technology is so advanced that we can estimate our traveling time along with expected traffic on the road. Make good use of it, information not actioned is information not received. Know your road so that if gadget fails in between, you will know your way (even if it’s half away)
3. Understand basics of Car – We all know driving, but that doesn’t make us experts. There are so many information to learn if not everything! Learn about engine or how to change a tire before heading into nowhere!
4. Take Breaks – Even though we have short time to reach or a short holiday, take breaks between your drive. Whether it is bathroom breaks or just stretching a leg. Be fit to drive, not exhaust while driving
5. Have a Good night’s Sleep – Again, driving can be dangerous if the driver didn’t get their sleep. Sleep well before a long journey as sleeping while driving will be sleeping forever!
With above safety notes, drive through the forest and nature will inspire and encourage you to explore more!
I started my drive from Bangalore airport. We started our drive through the Bangalore city with a break for lunch. Post lunch, we moved on to our first destination, Mysore. Mysore the city so bright and full of culture, we spent our day exploring local sightseeing like Mysore Zoo, Mysore Palace etc.
Our road trip journey, powered by CEAT, continued towards western ghat leading to Bandipur National Park. 2 days of stay in the forests are indeed between nowhere still somewhere.
Roads in Bandipur National Park
Next to Bandipur National Park is Madumalai National Park. A very short drive from Bandipur will lead to Madumalai, a much denser forest than Bandipur. Safari around the park is a must for photographers and wildlife lover.
Make way towards Madumalai National Park
As mentioned before, while moving towards Coorg, take a stopover in Kabini or opt for a day long drive to Coorg. We opted for 2 cities in Coorg, Virajpet and Medikeri.
After 2 nights stay, we moved to the big city in Coorg, Medikeri. From Medikeri, you can drive cross various attractions and sightseeing.
This led to the end of my journey across the beautiful roads of Karnataka when I made my way back to Bangalore. The roads across Karnataka is surrounded by greenery and plantation. The small coffee estate around the roads add to the fragrance of nature.
Road trips are always the best way to find a good part of the destination.
Category: Adventure and Nature Location: Karnataka is located in the southern part of India. Time: Each destination is located around 6 hours distance Carry: A good car to enjoy the journey ‘I’m chronicling my road trip adventure for CEAT Tyres in association with BlogAdda.’
Roads surrounded with nothing but greenery!
Published by Mansi Oza | Eat Travel Fun
Vlogger🎥| Photographer📸 | Blogger✍🏻| Dancer💃🏻| Travel Professional👩🏻💻
Always Eat, Travel & have Fun.
New Video on Youtube Every Sunday
View more posts